Random Ideas and Reflections

Monday, May 9, 2011

As I was running today this thought came to me. But first, let me set you up with the scene.

It is a beautiful day. Probably about 70 degrees, absolutely gorgeous. I am running, no music and hating every step. I'm frustrated with school, overwhelmed with work, and stressed out with my personal life. I keep having to move to the other end of the edge of the sidewalk too, because so many people have been spring cleaning their yards and there are tons of branches on their curbs to be picked up. this got me thinking..
The branches are dead, and are being cut away to make new growth. It truly is a positive thing. That is what spring is all about. I realized that the spiritual turmoil that I'm in is because I'm not allowing God to prune me, to cut away at my branches. And it is hard to allow him to take control, even Adam didn't want to follow God's lead.
So for the next few days that's my new prayer:
Lord, help me allow you to cut the noise, the hurt, and what is keeping me dead out of my life. It will hurt Lord, and I know that. That is why I'm scared. Do your worst Lord, so I can be your best. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment