Random Ideas and Reflections

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

has the hibernation ended?

*swipe swipe* 
what do we have here
*continues to dust off*
no it can't be ... it is! my blog!  I thought for sure I lost this thing.

Nope Alexa, You haven't. The inter-webs save everything.

Since this is a blog of general reflections and humble thoughts - and since in my current employment I write these things almost daily - Why not blog them? Posting a few sentences here or there can't hurt right? And besides, I already have a FaceBook, Twitter, and Pintrerest  - what is one more social media outlet? As a communications major - I accept (or re-accept) the challenge of blogging.

In the past, ehh... we'll say 3 months. So in the past 3 months, my life has been busy - even busier than usual, and there is no hope for it slowing down. I have more responsibility at work than I did my first year, and as always, life keeps going and more things get added on no matter how busy you are in the first place. And in all this business - it's left me little time to think.

But how important is thinking! It is so important to make conscious decisions. To chose to act, rather than to react. To deliberately say something, do something, not do something, or to move forward on something in my mind holds more value than to react to what life puts your way. Now take that a step further into personal life and development. How important is it that we choose what and how we are going to continue to improve our lives and grow spiritually and intellectually. Rather than reacting in our spiritual life (when tragedy strikes - draw near to God in response) what if we took our spiritual life by the horns (so to speak) and became conscious initiators.

Starting each day with the conscious intention to draw near to God could radically change how you live.
That's been my challenge for the past few days. To live with the conscious intention that today, right now, I am choosing to draw near to God.

If we truly believe what it is we proclaim - then that conscious decision is the most important decision we can make each day. And to follow through means that we are consciously deciding to accept the grace that the Lord is constantly pouring upon us.

Think this week.

Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment