Edit: before you read the blog - open this link in a new tab and listen while you read. I went to an event where there was praise and adoration the day I wrote this blog and was reminded of how this song fits so well. Enjoy!
One Thing Remains
Transition. Change. Moving Parts.
All of these types of things lead me to being unsettled and anxious. I'm at a odd summer in my life, one where my mom asks me every few days, "So where are you staying tonight?" Disclaimer: I'm not homeless, just in between different temporary living situations so with all this moving it's hard to keep things straight.
But even with all of this transition, learning new roads and figuring out where the Walmart is, there has been a solid foundation and refuge for me - St. Matt's Adoration chapel. In the most up in the air times - I know He is there wanting to give me comfort. The schedules are filling up more and more, but I know that every Tuesday, Aaron and I will kneel before our Lord to thank him, ask for grace, and simply BE with Him for a while.
My life has never really been too consistent. It was always just me checking off my tasks in no particular order or rhythm. I went to Mass every Sunday and would make time to pray, however my prayers would mostly be impromptu and random. But in my unevenness and ad-hoc faith life, Christ's constancy is beautiful. It's something I learned as a sophomore in high school - God's love is unchanging. And it is a lesson I continue to learn more and more.
This new found stability in adoration is a beautiful thing. And I encourage you to take time each week or month and make it YOUR prayer time. Keep it, even if it's hard, even if you rearrange your schedule. It's worth it because with the constancy come a deeper understanding and relationship. I am just at the tip of the iceberg for the graces that will come. Lord help me be open to all the ways you desire to love me.
praying for you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment