Random Ideas and Reflections

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What to expect

I've never really blogged before. All I can hope is that I can do it right. I guess I should start by telling everyone what to expect. (This post serves a double purpose, it will also remind me to stay on topic for my blog posts.)

I was going to have a longer title for my blog. It was a good one too, like the kind you get excited about when you are done typing up a 15 page research paper and you just came up with the best title, with a semicolon and everything. Yeah. I had a good title like that, but it seemed too long. So, I'll just have to put it here. You ready? ahem.. "Could be randoms or reflections: Alexa's humble thought collection." Cute right? And a bit witty? The rhyming was a nice touch – turned it into a couplet which is poetry, albeit the simplest. But, alas, you cannot have everything in the world. I settled for the second half, “Humble thought collection.”

So why call it humble? And what is this bit about randoms and reflections? Let me tell you.

I call it humble because most of the time, the thoughts don’t come from me. They are usually triggered from something else and then as I mull them around in my head I don’t get anywhere with them, but when I share them with someone the magic happens. I can’t take full credit for these thoughts. They just kind of happen and then develop. I figure that I should put them somewhere though.

Random. These thoughts are usually random things that no one in particular would find interesting. But, then again, I think they are interesting, so maybe someone would. There probably won’t be a logical flow, or a building of ideas from post to post. Just an idea here, a rant there, perhaps a poetically phrased post thrown in, you know just to keep you guessing. Perhaps I will tag those posts with a “random.”

Reflection. These are things that have a spiritual or faith based nature to them. As I mentioned before a lot of my thinking doesn’t start with me. And I believe that it is the Holy Spirit who is a main catalyst for my thought process. Christ and Catholicism is such a central part of my life. It has formed so much of my life, my way of thinking, my actions, and my vision of the world. It is impossible to imagine my life without it. So, to make a long story short, there will be posts that have a reflective tone and subject.

So there you have it. What I hope to post in the blog. Some things thoughts I’ve stumbled upon throughout my young life that have made me stop and think. I hope whoever is reading this isn’t disappointed in what comes out of this experience. As for comments, I will try to respond to them quickly. Apologies if I am tardy though!

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you started this. Looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete