Random Ideas and Reflections

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Pre-Mass musings

Sometimes blogging is scary - what should I say, will it be right, and will anyone read it? If I only have a few things to say, is it even worth writing? 
Well - I decided to get over the fear of perfecitonist-blogging - so here are my two thoughts from this weekend...

Thought 1 - Thoughtful acquaintances bring kindness up a notch...
here's the story - Aaron and I went to the (only) local Catholic book store to pick up a few things for him to take to Haiti for the mission trip. The store is owned by his friends parents and as he was checking out - I was browsing the books. I saw a book that was recommended to me - "33-days to Morning Glory - A Do-it-yourself retreat preparation for marian consecration"  by Fr. Michael E Gaitley. I've been inching through another book of his and made a comment about the one I saw in the story. Now the Store owner (who I've only met briefly two or three times) pulled out from behind the counter a gently used one that someone had brought back. She said "here, If you want to read it, you take this one" "Are you sure?"  "Of course - it's used but I would love you to have it."

So - now I have my own copy - and am super excited... see...


so in a nutshell - Mrs. Dart never needed to give me the book - she could have said I have a discounted one you  can buy, or even just say noting.. but she was kind, for no reason.. makes me wonder how thoughtful I am to those who I kinda know, the acquaintances I only see once in a blue moon. Do I remember key parts of their life? Do I go out of my way to be thoughtful and kind? Well - thanks for the inspiration Mrs. Dart - Challenge accepted!



Thought 2 -  Today I am thankful that I could sleep in and do Yoga.
The story- For the past two months Aaron and I have been going to the 9am Mass, and then to a class afterward through the Church. The last class was last week... So this week naturally is sleep in for Mass day. It's simple, but it was nice to wake up early anyway (darn you work sleep patterns that bleed into my weekend!) and have some time to relax, and do some low cost yoga via iPhone app.

It's simple - but still a great way to start my Sunday.

BONUS thought 3 - Princess Christine Center comes to see me tomorrow - I'm BEYOND excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment