So, just because I'm married now doesn't mean I'm not still obsessed with GREAT articles on courtship/dating/ marriage advice/ or catholic womanhood. I still gobble these babies up like internet candy.
So here is one that I recently read- beautiful article
The Most Beautiful Lie
And here is my reaction to said article that I commented on it.. I try to comment when the spirit tells me to, figured I could share what I thought with my reader(s... I can be hopeful)
"beautiful article- a great read!
A good reminder, however, is that we will never be able to love perfectly. So while the Spirit my be whispering 'not yet' we cannot let our need to be perfect and our desire to become perfect by our own means keep us from living His plan for us. As a recently married catholic woman I must say neither my husband nor I am able to love perfectly. But we allow Christ to mold us and help us to love. The sacrament of marriage is real. Alone I cannot truly and fully love my husband. Together we cannot truly and fully love each other. But with Christ we are able to more perfectly love. It's a beautiful mystery Christ led me to and I chose to accept."
Some final thoughts and elaborations...
We cannot let our desire to be perfect keep us from allowing Christ to hold and mold us. If Aaron and I had waited to get married until we both were able to love perfectly, well I would be perpetually single. We can't love perfectly... that's why we have sacraments. It's a beautiful thing - and to all my single and called to marriage Catholic friends, you too will see how beautifully the sacrament helps bring you outside yourself and helps you become a being who through the Spirit is able to love a little more perfectly.
praying for you all
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I really liked that article too! But there were so many spelling errors I couldn't un see I got frustrated while reading it. #englishteacherprobs. But yes it was a nice reminder. And an awesome use of a John Green quote.
ReplyDelete