look at that! I didn't mess up or anything
So, that happened. And it happened in a beautiful church - pics to prove it (again). And also happened with THE BEST bridal party. Of course I may be biased... but Fr. Dan doesn't lie, so yeah, they were/are the best.
But these aren't the thoughts I wanted to discuss today - that was basically just a life update. A major one. But more reflection on that will come soon, or not, we'll see where married life takes this blog.
anyway - here are my thoughts
- old thought - This add -- #howtodad
It's the new(ish)cheerios commercial for peanut butter cheerios if you haven't seen it yet- see the add on youtube here. It's been around for a month or so, but still is pretty impressive.
I like this add for a few reasons, some reasons better than others
1. All around, it is effective - Let's see, it grabs your attention, has good music, doesn't ever lose your attention, and it's comical while also being inspiring. As an avid commercial critic this one is great!
2. It's for a great product! Who doesn't like cheerios?! and seriously... peanut butter... what took them so long! Sounds delicious. I know exactly what cereal I'm buying next!
3. Most importantly it is a commercial that uplifts men, marriage, fatherhood and family. I mean, listen to what he is saying and pay attention to what he is doing.
- It portrays a man who is courageous, not lazy - he doesn't roll over in the bed, but gets up immediately when he is called/summoned to do his duty. Where has this character trait been for the past 20 years in television? Thank you cheerios for not emasculating this man.
- He flirts with his wife, who he calls his wife not just a "woman" or "lover" or "chick" but he gives her dignity. (plus he hands her coffee.. what a keeper, eh?) But seriously, how many jokes/plot lines/ cheap laughs revolve around the idea that once you are married your life is over, or when you've been married a long time you're sadly stuck? This guy doesn't feel that way, and even though it was a brief moment - that interaction is important.
- Did you notice he has individual moments with his kids all throughout the ad. He talks to them as individuals and is interested in each of their lives. He plays the jungle-gym for his young daughter, he comments about face book to his teenager, he teaches his older son the proper way to wear a hat, and horses around with his younger son. They each have their own individual relationship, and he is actively involved and encouraging the relationship. Not a dead beat dad, not an over worked dad, but this guy is a guy who doesn't only have a great taste in cereal, but also loves his children and loves being a father to them
- lastly, the add portrays family in such a positive light. There are 4 kids in the ad, which most people would say was too many. Anything over a boy and a girl can get you weird looks these days. (I'm not a mother, but I've been told. Plus, I get weird looks when I say I want at at least 3-5 kids). So, there are 4 kids, but the family isn't perfect, there are at least 2 or 3 scuffles between kids in the ad itself. Families are messy, a bit chaotic, but also full of love. The entire house is working toward the goal, which for this ad is getting out the door. The family works as a unit, and the dad is the head leading and encouraging his children.
If that doesn't make you want to eat cheerios, I don't know what does.
Hats off cheerios!
- new thought - This song-- Shake it off - Taylor Swift
I'm not an avid T-swift follower, but I do enjoy her music. I was browsing face book (no judgement people) and saw a link someone posted to a new song a hadn't heard of called "Shake It"
Well, if you don't know, I'm usually curious (sometimes nosey) and click on links like it's nobody's business. Naturally, I clicked this the link and was sent to youtube for this fantastic video and song!
It's totally my new cleaning song, a great song to get you motivated to do things as the end of summer comes nearer, and a great soundtrack for dancing in the kitchen.
Why Do I like this song, well... let me list you 3 reasons
1. It's got a good beat, easy lyrics to remember, and a care-free feel. The song is called shake it off - how could it not be care free!
2. It is great to dance to - you can double time, or do a slower more interpretive feel to it - really what ever you want. The video also is Tswift herself awkwardly dancing in front of people who actually know how to dance various styles. It's pretty hilarious, and probably an accurate depiction of how I dance most of the time.
3. It's got a good message behind the lyrics. You could at the very least and say that the message is "Haters gunna hate" but more importantly it speaks to the truth that happiness is not based on external factors, but rather internal disposition. It's a reminder that we are not at the mercy of our attitudes, but we control them.
Let's be joyful! and have a good week my friends! :)





Congratulations! This makes me so happy and I am definately going to have to check out the new Taylor Swift song! I need a new cleaning song...
ReplyDelete